The Rain Bird Bar in Lindos, Rhodes. The Black and White Photography Project

IMG_8642 (2)

When we were on our bloggers Mark Warner trip in mid-September, we took an afternoon trip our to the town of Lindos. A town of donkeys and small trade shops which were under a roof of vines. It was beautiful. But I think that the most stunningย place we visited was the Rain Bird Bar.

A short walk around some of the narrow, twisting paths, lead us to a picturesque bar where we sat and took in the bay and the beautiful scenery (as you can see from the photo below).ย My favourite photo though is ofย the doorway from the patio area into the main bar and restaurant. I am really happy at how it has come out as a photograph.

It was an interesting study in colour but I think that the black and whiteย gives it an edge. The white building contrasts well with the different shades of grey and, in particular, the stony ground with the mosaic.

In the photo below, I like how the chairs contrast with the rest of the picture.

IMG_8636 (2)

Linking up to the Black and White Photography Project with Podcast
 photo 4d06e438-4e6a-4f3b-88b2-0c1093350397_zps361ad0e9.jpg

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2014 Victoria Welton
Share:

26 Comments

09/10/2014 / 11:57 am

Me too! I would definitely love to go back ๐Ÿ™‚ x

09/10/2014 / 11:57 am

Thanks Claire – really pleased you like it ๐Ÿ™‚

19/10/2014 / 6:20 pm

Thanks Mary. It is lovely to hear from someone else who has been. I find it hard to believe that it has been spoiled since then ๐Ÿ™‚ x

09/10/2014 / 11:57 am

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Really glad you like them x

1. 05/10/2014 / 8:54 pm

Beautiful! Great in black and white. There is something kind of intriguing about seeing anything through a doorway or archway and also something like an untold story in the empty table & glasses. Love it X #bwphotoproject
    Sam recently posted…Black and White Photography Project: Camera Grab!My Profile

05/10/2014 / 11:29 pm

Absolutely agree with you on both counts there Sam. I love it when photos tell a story, I could look at them all day. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ x

2. 05/10/2014 / 5:46 pm

It beckons to me….that is the bar! The black and white photos work beautifully as they highlight how special this place was. Lovely captures!
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted…Black and White HorsesMy Profile

05/10/2014 / 11:28 pm

Thank you Kriss, I would go back there in an instant ๐Ÿ™‚

3. 05/10/2014 / 5:22 pm

I think the lighting must have been good over there ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the detail of the tiny pebbles and patterns especially.
    Iona@Redpeffer recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

05/10/2014 / 11:27 pm

It definitely helped! That is one of the things I really loved about the doorway – the detail of the floor ๐Ÿ™‚

4. 05/10/2014 / 4:07 pm

The black and white did add more drama to your photos, especially on the 2nd photo. They look so sweet. โ™ฅ

05/10/2014 / 11:22 pm

Thank you, I do think it has given them a different slant ๐Ÿ™‚ x

05/10/2014 / 11:21 pm

05/10/2014 / 9:48 am

5. 05/10/2014 / 2:42 am

Love the archway, I love looking through doorways and getting a glimpse of what’s behind. The contrasts work well in black and white. And, I think the chairs look fantastic in black and white, beautiful view too ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Silent Sunday: 5 October 2014My Profile

05/10/2014 / 9:49 am

Thanks Sara, I know what you mean – I think there is a sense of wondering what is behind the archway in this picture. The view was stunning ๐Ÿ™‚

05/10/2014 / 9:50 am

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ It was wonderful to sit and have a drink there, so beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

6. 05/10/2014 / 12:38 am

They are both stunning photos. I love the arch on the first pic, so clean cut and strong, contrasted with all the little delicate detail within. And the second pic works really well with the chairs. It’s like you take the colour away and all of a sudden your eyes focus on all the lines.

05/10/2014 / 9:50 am