I have never been to mainland Spain. Nor have Ross or Grace. I have been to the Canary Islands and Ross has been to Magaluf but that is as far as it gets. So, when I saw that Clickstay were running a Blog Your Way to Spain Competition, I had to give it a shot.
We have previously holidayed with Ross’ family back in August 2014 at Center Parcs for his parents 40th wedding anniversary. We had such a great time with them and we would love to experience another break with together but this time we would prefer a bit more sun!
Our Pick of the Villas
Our first task in order to be in with a chance of winning the competition was to pick the villa or apartment we would like to stay in. With over 1,500 to choose from, this was no easy task! Eventually I happened upon the Villa Madrano. Situated on the Mar Menor Golf Resort at Polaris World in Costa Calida, Murcia, this place had everything I was looking for.
Villa Madrano is in a great location. It is near all the facilities that the Mar Menor complex has to offer. It is just a 5 minute walk to the social centre where Grace would be able to play, swim and make friends. At the same time we would benefit from our own garden, a HUGE private swimming pool (perfect for Grace and her love of swimming) and jacuzzi (perfect for the adults amongst us) meaning we could also have time to ourselves when we chose to.
Of course whilst Grace and, most likely Ross, played in the pool, the rest of us grown-ups would need sunbathing space so the Villa offers two roof terraces as well as copious amounts of land in which to strategically place sunbeds!
There are a total of 4 bedrooms, meaning that it would sleep Ross, Grace and I as well as his mum, dad, sister and her fiance really easily. Everything is furnished to a high standard and there is a breakfast area outside as well as in, a well fitted, spacious kitchen, lounge, 2 double bedrooms both with en-suite, two twin rooms and a family bathroom.
The Villa boasts wifi – particularly important for the blogger amongst us – as well as air conditioning, Cable TV, kettle, toaster, iron, hair dryer, dish washer, cooker, fridge, freezer and washing machine. On top of that there is a BBQ area outside for when we want to go al fresco together with 6 sun loungers, table and chairs and a tennis table.
I don’t think I would ever want to leave!
There is certainly something to please everyone here. We are a golfing family so with Mar Menor being a golfing resort, it is perfect. However, we don’t want to spend our whole time on the course so what else is on offer?
- Los Alcazares is a pretty fishing village with beach and is just 7km away. Perfect for sandcastle building and a walk along the promenade soaking up the sun.
- Torre Pacheco, a small town with a number of restaurants is a 3km stroll away – meaning we can walk off that food on the way back!
- There are plenty of activities on the resort itself apart from the golf. These include a gym, tennis courts and the hotel onsite also has a spa with lots of treatments on offer.
- Family entertainment is on offer throughout the summer at Mar Menor Resort so we can choose to get involved if we fancy an evening out
- If we are looking for cultural activities a little further afield then there is the Cathedral de Santa Maria which looks very ornate and beautiful as well as the Roman Theatre Museum – perfect for Ross and I who are the thespians in our family!
It would be wonderful to be able to all go on holiday again together and I believe that Spain would be the perfect place to be able to do this.
Your Chance to ‘Win Your Way To Spain’
You could also be in with a chance of winning your very own dream holiday to Spain by visiting the Clickstay website. Simply visit this page and leave a comment telling them which Villa you would choose and why and you could win £500 to put towards your stay as well as a camera. Good luck!
This is my entry into the #BlogYourWayToSpain competition with Clickstay